Tuesday 10 July 2012

Clean Recipe: Beanless Beef Chilli

I am a Mexican food-aholic! There, I've said it.
While in the USA, we ate plenty of delicious Mexican food and I'm missing it like crazy!
So to curb my mexican cravings but fit in with my clean eating, I decided to cook up a batch of beef chilli for my lunches this week (I'm not quite ready to go back to salads just yet!). Every recipe I found included beans of some description but beans don't go well with my belly so I played around with a few recipes and came up with clean Beanless Beef Chilli recipe. You could always add a can of red kidney beans into this recipe if you like but my preference is definitely bean-less!

Beanless Beef Chilli
1-2 tsp olive, rice bran or avocado oil
500g lean beef, chicken or turkey mince
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
1 red onion, diced
2-3 tbls chilli flakes
1 tsp dried oregano
2 tsp ground cumin
400g can of diced tomatoes
1/3 cup roasted capsicum, sliced
4 tbls red wine vinegar
Salt and pepper to season

Heat oil in a crockpot on medium-high heat. Add garlic and onions and saute until soft.
Add mince and stir frquently until browned.
Add chilli flakes, oregano and cumin and stir until fragrant.
Add can of tomatoes, capsicum and red wine vinegar.
Bring to the boil then reduce heat to low and simmer for 1-2 hours with lid on.

I served mine with 1/4 of a mashed avocado on top (mmmm guacamole!) and heaps of steamed broccoli on the side. YUM!!



P.S I've decided to no longer share my new posts on my personal Facebook page. If you would like to keep reading and be updated when I do a new post, please pop your email address in the 'Follow by Email' field in the top right hand corner of this blog and you will receive an email whenever I publish a new post :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment